Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Clerk.
Candidates are requested to apply through online only through our Bank’s website www.iob.in. between 04.03.2011 and 25.03.2011.
Educational Qualifications: (As on 01.01.2011):
A Pass with 65% marks (60% for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen) in HSC of 10 + 2 (10+2+3) pattern or Intermediate / Pre-University orany equivalent examination recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Administration.
(b) A pass with 60% marks Diploma in Banking (55% for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen) recognized by Central / State Government or U.T.Administration.
(c) A degree with a minimum of 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen) in any discipline from a recognized University or anyequivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Govt.
Note: • For Ex-Servicemen (who do not possess the above) a pass in Service (Departmental) Examination which is recognized asequivalent to Civil Examination not below the rank of Higher Secondary School Examination.
• All Educational Qualifications should be from recognized University / Central / State / U.T. Administration.
• Should be able to write and speak English fluently.
• Knowledge to read, write and speak the official language of the state for which the candidate has applied is essential.
Computer Literacy – Apart from relevant qualification for the above post, computer literacy shall be an essential qualification, which thecandidate must either possess or acquire within six months of joining the Bank.
|Opening date for online registration||04.03.201|
|Closing date for online registratio||25.03.201|
|Payment of Application Fee/ Postag||04.03.2011 to 25.03.201|
|Tentative Date of Written Examination||29.5.2011(Sunday|
How to apply
Eligible candidates are required to apply 'ONLINE' only through our website www.iob.in and no other means/ mode of application willbe acceptable. Candidates are advised to follow the following sequence of steps while applying online.
• Candidates are required to have a valid e-mail ID. It should be kept active for the duration of this recruitment process. Under nocircumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person.
• In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her e-mail ID before applying on-line.
1. Log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and click “Career” column (available at the top of the bank’s website), then the Careerpage will open. Fill the information and submit the form.
2. Remit the application fee/postages as applicable to the candidate with the filled up Payment Receipt in any of Indian OverseasBank branches by means of cash only and collect candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt for the application fee paid. Pleaseensure that the following information has been correctly entered
(1) Branch Name & Code Number (2) Transaction ID (3) Date ofdeposit and amount5. After remitting the application fees/ postage, again log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and open the Career Page. Clickapply online. Then online application will open.
Fill up all the details required in the application and click “Submit” buttonavailable at the bottom of the online application and online application will be registered.
A Registration Number and Password willappear for your online registration immediately on the screen. This can be used only for taking printout of the online applicationregistered by the candidates for their records and candidates should not send the printout of the online application to theBank.
3. There is a provision to modify the submitted On Line Application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility tocorrect their details in the On Line Application, if any. This modification facility will be available up to 27.03.2011
The payment of fees should be made between 04.03.2011 and 25.03.2011 (inclusive of both dates) and the last date forapplying online is 25.03.2011.
Application fee (including postage charge) non refundable
(a) For SC/ST/ Physically Challenged/ Ex-Servicemen - Rs 50/ (For Postage)
(b) For all others (including OBC) - Rs.250/- (200+50 For Postage
Check For Details